Sore Muscle Summer Smoothie

With summer here and lots of gardening going on, I have some sore muscles. This anti-inflammatory smoothie does the trick and helping to relieve the pain. It also tastes good!


All ingredients are known to help to reduce inflammation in the body, and have a “cooling effect” as well. Pineapples have a long tradition as a medicinal plants, and are known known for their pain relieving enzyme bromelain. I'm also adding some kale leaves today as I have them on hand, but they are optional.  Today I'm making a double batch, as shown above. Below recipe makes one drink.

As I noted in a prior posting, you do need a good quality blender to make smoothies. For more information on that read my post on Nija vs. Vitamix. I also give you some other great smoothie recipes on that page.

Ingredients
1 small rib celery
1 cup cucumber
1/2 cup pineapple
1/2 lime wedge (peeled and seeded)
1 bunch kale leaves (optional)
1 cup coconut water

Instructions
Place all of the ingredients in your blender and select the "smoothie" option. Alternatively, select puree, which you may need to start and stop a couple times to ensure the ingredients are fully blended.

Comments