Summer Rum Punch

This wonderful, refreshing summer fruit punch (with optional rum) is delicious and not overly sweet.  It's the perfect punch to serve friends and family before dining al fresco, regardless of your menu.


I believe I got the recipe originally from Martha Stewart.  But as with many recipes, I've changed it up just a bit to accommodate my preferences.  I encourage you to do the same!  You can see I use a large dispenser for the drink.  It would work equally well or perhaps even better in a punch bowl.  After about an hour in the above container, I do have to stir the ingredients although it doesn't often last that long.  Below I recommend using rock or punch type glasses because while the punch won't taste like it has rum, it will have a bit of a kick after a glass or two, particularly on a hot summer's day.

Ingredients
59 ounces pulp free orange juice (1 carton)
46 ounces pineapple juice (1 large can)
3 limes (2 for juice, 1 for garnish)
1/2 cup light cranberry juice
1/2 cup grenadine
3 cups light rum (optional)
Ice cubes (a dozen or so)
1 lemon, thinly sliced, for garnish

Directions
Slice the lemon and one of the limes.  Squeeze the remaining two limes and remove any pits from the juice.  In a large pitcher, combine the juices, grenadine and optional rum. Add the ice.  Stir until well blended. Garnish with the lemon and lime.  Serve in rock or punch glasses.


Comments