|Two Pounds of Tri-Color Rotini Feeds a Large Crowd|
While the pasta was cooking and cooling, cut into small pieces the following:
- bell peppers (1 each, red, green, orange and yellow)
- red onion (1 medium)
- zucchini (2 small) or seedless cucumber (1 large)
- provolone cheese (buy a 1 pound chunk and cut into 1/2" squares)
- pitted olives (Kalamata, green or others of your choice and quantity)
- McCormick brand "Perfect Pinch" Salad Supreme seasoning
Add the ingredients to the bowl of cool pasta. Using a small bottle of Italian salad dressing, pour about half the bottle onto the ingredients and toss gently with your hands trying to assure you do not break up the pasta. Refrigerate overnight. The pasta will absorb the dressing and be rather dry the next day.
Just prior to serving, chop up some fresh basil and toss on the pasta, add the remainder of the salad dressing, and about 4 tablespoons McCormick Salad Supreme season, again turning it by hand to combine.
Tastes delicious and looks lovely.